Admission to the school is strictly according to the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) regulations. The website for registering and applying in the Gauteng Province is www.gdeadmissions.co.za .
GRADE 1 APPLICATIONS
Grade 1 2020
Online applications have CLOSED
Please remember to hand in all outstanding documents by 31 July 2019 before 14h00. Documents not submitted will disqualify your application.
Notification of acceptance
Parents will be notified via SMS of their child/ren’s acceptance from 18 September 2019. Should you wish to accept the offer of placement, please do so by logging onto the GDE online system and confirm that you accept the offer.
Grade 1 2021 Applications Procedure
- Apply online when applications open for 2021. You will receive a reference number and an sms
- Collect the 2021 application forms from Bryneven Primary School
- Supporting documents to be returned with application forms within 7 working days of the online application
- A certified copy of your child/ren’s unabridged (full) birth certificate (Computer generated certificate from the Department of Home Affairs). If not available, proof of application should be provided along with a certified copy of an abridged birth certificate;
- A certified copy of your child/ren’s 2020 report showing both their name and the school name (if available);
- Certified copies of both parents’/legal guardians’ RSA identity documents; certified copies of death certificate/s should a parent or both parents be deceased; certified copies of passports as well as work permits of parents that are Foreign Nationals;
- In the case of legal guardianship adoption, copies of legal documents produced by the courts (court orders) are required which, amongst others, includes a certified copy of appointment from the Master of the Court to act as legal guardian/s;
- Proof of the permanent residential address of both parents as well as the learner/s and/or legal guardian (only a valid government/parastatal or body corporate utility bill and/or lease agreement will be accepted) the parents/legal guardians name; or a certified copy of the lease agreement;
- Immigrants must submit certified copies of both parents’ passports, permanent residence and/or relevant study, residence or work permits as well as any other related permits; in the event of Diplomats, Diplomats are to submit passports and Diplomatic identities;
- A letter of employment for each parent/legal guardian confirming employment, on an original company letterhead. The letter must – be stamped by the employer and the signature of the employer affixed over the stamp; – contain confirmation as to if the parent is employment indefinitely or for a fixed term period; – confirm the parent/legal guardian’s work address as well as work contact number.
ONLINE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA FOR 2020
The GDE has made changes to their online platform as well as some very important changes to the admissions criteria.
Admissions criteria in order of preference:
1. Home address closest to the school within the feeder zone
- Applicants living in the feeder area will receive a WA1 waiting list number
- Applicants NOT living in the feeder area, but with a sibling currently at the school, will receive a WA2 waiting list number
- Applicants NOT living in the feeder area; but working in the feeder area, will receive a WA3 waiting list number
- Applicants that do not live or work in the feeder area but are less than 30km from the school will receive a WA4 waiting list number
- Applicants that do not live or work in the feeder area but are more than 30km from the school will receive a WB waiting list number
2. Sibling at school
3. Work address in feeder zone
4. Home address within 30km
5. Home address is beyond 30km of the school
Preference will be given to WA list applicants. IMPORTANT: Only once all the WA1 applicants have been placed, and if there is still available space at the school, will the GDE consider WA2 applicants.
Regretfully, there may not be availability for all WA1 learners as Bryneven Primary School is a high-pressure school receiving 6 times more applicants than what the school is able accommodate.
Please contact Mrs Carole Lawrence Admissions@bryneven.co.za for further information.
We do not hold open days however you can request a tour of the school by appointment.